chocolate chip banana-yee BREAD
This is Mr. B's favorite homemade bread. He calls it “banana-yee” because we use a lot of bananas on this recipe compared to others. The more bananas we put, the sweeter it tastes without adding extra sugar into it. On the other hand, I am a sucker for chocolate. Every time we make this, I try my best not to dump another cup of chocolate into the mix. So, we compromise. More banana, less added sugar. Bon Appétit!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 very ripe organic bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon organic whole milk
- 1/2 cup organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 pod Madagascar vanilla bean
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch glass loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla bean in another bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add banana mixture into butter mixture. Stir in dry mixture until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes.
- Cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKE TIME: 70 minutes